Hangovers can last for up to 3 days. To get rid of a hangover you need to remove the copious amounts of toxins in your body. Here are 8 cures that may help…
1. Water – the original hydra-tor! It’s common knowledge that alcohol dehydrates your body, so what better way to hydrate it than to drink water 😀 although here’s a tip: it won’t cure your headache, so try to drink water in-between drinks on a night out and make sure to down a large glass before you got to bed, there for when you wake up it won’t be as bad!
2. Orange, lemon and ginger juice – The idea of this juice is to pack as much vitamins into your body as possible – lots of vitamin C, antioxidant and anti-inflammatory. Ginger also stops nausea BONUS!
3. Peppermint Tea – When one consumes copious amounts of alcohol (especially darker alcoholic drinks) the lower part of your body tends to bloat. Peppermint is a great natural aid for improving your digestion. A little pot of peppermint tea could prevent you from feeling bloated the whole day.
4. Apple Juice – mmm lots of vitamin c.
5. Coffee – Some say that coffee is good for a hangover some say that coffee is bad. Overall, if you are a regular caffeine drinker then not drinking caffeinated drinks could result in a worse headache than when you started.
6. Vegetable broth (questionably a drink or a food) – This will replace all nutrients you lost from the night before and fill you with antioxidants. It will re-hydrate your body as well as going easy on the digestive system.
7. Lucozade/Powerade – Raises and replaces glucose and salt levels.
8. Alcohol – if all else fails hair of the dog never goes amiss, Bottomless brunch is always a good choice!